Cooking with Meadows
Always check with an adult before attempting to make any recipes.
It is important to make sure that an adult is supervising children at all times in the kitchen. The adult can help with the more difficult tasks,
such as chopping vegetables, using the stove and taking hot food out of the oven or microwave.
Some rules to consider when preparing food:
- Always have an adult present.
- Wear a clean apron.
- Wear closed-in shoes to protect your feet, in case of hot spills or breakages.
- Wash your hands before and after handling food.
- Keep food preparation surfaces clean.
- Tie back long hair.
- Store food appropriately.
- Wash vegetables and fruit under cold water before use.
- Do not run around the room/kitchen where food is being prepared.
- Wipe up food spills immediately.
- Handle knives and other sharp equipment with care.
- When using a knife, always cut away from yourself or downwards on a chopping board to avoid cutting yourself.
- Turn handles of saucepans away from the front of the stove when cooking.
- Use oven mitts when taking hot dishes from the oven or microwave.
- Wash kitchen and eating utensils after use in hot soapy water. Wash the cleanest dishes first, and then the messiest dishes last, so you don't have to change the dishwater as often.
We would love to share any pictures of your completed recipes on our school website. Please send any photographs to: A3362@telford.gov.uk
Tasty Recipes to Try
Valentines Heart Biscuit
Vegan Banana Bread
Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
Tomato & Carrot Soup
Lentil & Bacon Soup
Doner Kebab Meat
Chicken Kebab Meat